There is so much to do in Disneyland and you’ll want to make the most of your visit. These were our favourite things to do when we visited with a six and seven year old.
- Pirates of the Caribbean ride. This is so amazing we actually did it twice at the insistence of the kids. There’s a huge amount of detail and the choreography is fantastic.
- Frontierland and Adventureland. These are two adjacent areas with a number of rides in them. But the areas themselves are pretty spectacular. You’ll be amazed even just wandering round. They’re also good places to find a bit of shade.
- Main Street, USA. This is the first street you hit when you enter, and you often just race through it to get to the first ride. But make sure you go back and take a good look through. There are plenty of cool little shops and arcades.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. This Star Wars simulator ride is pretty amazing, but there area also plenty of interesting things to look at while waiting in the queue.
- Big Thunder Mountain ride. A roller coaster through an old mine and mountain pass. You get the thrills and also plenty of scenery to look at.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle. This dominates the park, being right in the centre, and has so many little corners to explore. Don’t forget to check out the dragon cave below.
- The fireworks and light show at 11pm. This is simply breath-taking and is not to be missed.
It’s a little overwhelming at first, but take your time. You’ll get through the park. And don’t forget to enjoy all the little walk-throughs and scenery on the way to your next ride.
For more videos and tips on traveling with kids: https://bit.ly/breetventures
Check out our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/breetventures
I wrote a book on how to travel with kids: https://bit.ly/twkbook